What is WorldCat Local?
WorldCat Local searches for books, articles, videos, and other items from UofL Libraries and many other libraries, all at the same time.
Use the tip sheets, tutorials, and other materials on this guide to learn more about how to search WorldCat Local and how this service differs from Minerva, the official UofL catalog.
WorldCat Local Facts & Figures
Included in WorldCat Local are the 172 million records created by libraries globally for the materials they hold, including items in 470+ languages from 112 countries. Also included are 73 million citations to articles from these databases:
- ArticleFirst (articles from a wide range of journals in all subjects)
- British Library Serials
- ERIC (education)
- MEDLINE (medicine and health)
- GPO (U.S. government publications).
- Elsevier article citations from ScienceDirect and Scopus
- JSTOR article citations
- Future additions of citations from MLA and H.W. Wilson databases
Search WorldCat Local
Basic Seaching in UofL WorldCat Local
Learn the basics of WorldCat Local in 2 minutes!
In addition to several article databases searched by default such as JSTOR and Medline, WorldCat Local allows for cross-searching in the following popular databases. To add one or more of these databases to your search, go to the Advanced Search screen.
- EBSCO Academic Search Premier
- ProQuest Current Databases