When requesting E-Reserve pages what do I need to know?
Instructors wanting supplemental reading for their distance education course(s) can request for DLLS to create E-reserves. E-Reserves include full text links to journal articles and book chapters. Below are some important points:
• Number of Items: For each course you can have up to a total of 20 journal articles and book chapters.
• Book Chapters: Due to copyright only 10% of the entire work can be made available online.
• Processing Time: It takes DLLS two weeks to prepare E-Reserves. This allows us time to locate items from other libraries if not owned by UofL. We can process E-Reserves as early as one semester prior to your teaching the course.
• Blackboard: If you do not want to place E-Reserves on DLLS research guides, we can add E-Reserves to Blackboard. You can link items to your course(s) shell.
• To request E-Reserves email or call DLLS at 852-8745. Provide us with the distance education course name, semester needed, and the list of citations for each course. Once completed, you will be notified with instructions on how to access the items on the DLLS website or Blackboard.